Here at Bishopsgate we have some fantastic road crew who work hard delivering the product to your customers. It is important to us in the office that we keep in contact with the road crews to receive on site Proof of Deliveries and updates throughout the working day. The POD’s can be seen on the web interface. If you are not already using the web interface please ask. One of the drivers Malcolm Bell likes to keep the office entertained with his fact of the day. We thought it would be a good idea to share some of our favourites;
- If you take one grain of sand to represent each star in our galaxy you will need all the sand on an average beach from low water to the top of the beach along about 30 feet, down to a depth of 3 feet. If you take a grain of sand to represent each star in the universe including the ones not visible then we don’t have enough sand…
- Humans have a trillion cells in their body, each cell has exactly the same string of DNA. Nobody yet knows how the DNA tells the cell what to become. On this basis how many strings does a single onion have? Seven times as many as a human.
- In 1913 in New York City there were more electric cars than those with internal combustion engines. Why did the balance shift? Because of the electric starter motor!
- When a baby is born it already has all the brain cells it will need throughout its life. Some are not connected at that point but they become active as the baby develops.
- When the wife of a tea exporter started sending out the tea leaves in silk bags instead of tins, to save on postage costs, the customers inadvertently dipped them straight into the hot water. This lead to the teabag that we know and love today.
Well we hope you enjoyed the facts of the day. You can always let us know if you have a comment on Malcolm’s facts or even what to send us one of your own to : – email@example.com